- About Us
- CMT Timeline
The International Association of former Child Migrants and their Families was launched in October 1997 to provide an organisation spearheaded by child migrants for child migrants.
The IAFCM&F represents the views and interests of Britain's former Child Migrants and their families by actively campaigning for justice, for appropriate services and by taking part in relevant events including official inquiries, political apologies and cultural exhibitions.
The journal of the Association, "Child Migrant News" is distributed to members world-wide to keep former Child Migrants and their families up to date with current developments in relation to their search for recognition and justice.
In brief, the aims of the International Association of Former Child Migrants and their Families are:
1. To express and promote the common interests of Britain's former Child Migrants world-wide by virtue of their removal from their country of birth.
2. To educate and raise issues relating to the needs of former Child Migrants and their families with Governments and other agencies.
3. To raise funds to assist former Child Migrants.
4. To convene conferences and to organise exhibitions, congresses, meetings, lectures and seminars.
5. To establish and distribute a newsletter which will keep members informed on developments and issues pertaining to former Child Migrants and their families worldwide.
6. To procure to be written, printed, published, issued and circulated such publications or films as shall further the aims of the Association.
7. To promote, carry out or facilitate research, surveys and investigations and to publish the results.
8 Sunbury Road
Perth WA 6100