Australian Citizenship

Citizenship may seem straightforward at first glance, but it repays care and attention.

In Australia, those child migrants who arrived in the post-war period and wish to be regarded as full Australians rather than residents must formally apply for citizenship.  The Child Migrants Trust has campaigned effectively on this issue.  As a result, the usual application fees have been waived in recognition of the unique position of former child migrants.

Please contact your local office of the Trust for advice and information on questions of citizenship.

Web Design